Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What is "Mobile" in the enterprise?

Today I've had the opportunity to experience mobile connectivity to the enterprise in several different ways, using several different platforms, and multiple network types. The experience gave me a first hand look at some of the challenges we still face as well as just how valuable remote connectivity can be. I was also able to experience firsthand the benefits of utilizing WAN Optimization integrated into the fabric of the enterprise versus simply installing appliances at a couple of endpoints.

Some of the highlights, part 1

I am constantly connected to the enterprise in a basic way using my Android smart phone. I use the Touchdown application to connect seamlessly with our corporate Exchange server for mail, contacts, calendar items and more. Additionally though I've installed applications for remote access and remote desktop access linking me back to my desktop systems, allowing both control and file access. This has saved me more than once by being able to get immediate access to large content and send it directly from my desktop. Our MVO product for mobile devices assures network connectivity for mobile applications.

Next...laptops, power usage, and media.

No comments:

Post a Comment