Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mobile - Part 2

When talking about network performance and acceleration there can be a tendency to get stuck in a rut talking about downloading and forgetting that uploading is equally as important. Any acceleration or optimization solution should take both the downlink and uplink into consideration and provide equivalent performance impact. Today I'm working remotely from the RSA conference in San Francisco and writing this from a WiFi connection at a local Starbucks. Between the conference and the rain it's safe to say that inside Starbucks is popular at the moment. The network is as congested as the line for coffee. While I am doing rather simple tasks from a network perspective, including updating this blog, I've also had to download and upload large files of different types. This has included Power Point presentations, JPEGS, Excel spreadsheets, Project files, and applications. Most of the connections have been SSL encrypted links back to our corporate enterprise. Using our MVO optimization technology I'm seeing gains of up to 7x in my UPLOADS to the enterprise over SSL. This is making a huge difference for me and is keeping me productive while in less than ideal circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment